Ever wanted to channel your inner hip hop superstar?
Or maybe you’ve always dreamed of being a ballerina?
Whether you’re looking for a fun way to get in shape or a unique date night activity for you and your special someone, San Antoniohas tons of really cool options for dance classes!
Read on for our complete guide to getting your groove on, in whatever style you’re looking for!
- Map of Dance Classes in San Antonio
- Best New Dance Classes in San Antonio: DivaDance® San Antonio
- Best Hip Hop Dance Classes: SMASH Dance Fitness
- Best Ballet Folklorico Dance Classes: Image Dance Company & Academy
- Best Beginner-Friendly Dance Classes: The Jewel of Art Dance Studio
- Best Adult Dance Classes: Dance Center of San Antonio
- Best Kids Dance Classes: Earle Cobb Dance Studio
- Best Musical Theatre Dance Classes: KE Dance Center
- Best Couples Dance Classes: Arthur Murray Dance Center
- Best Ballroom Dance Classes: C & C Ballroom Dance
- Best Latin Dance Classes: La Rumba Dance Studio
Map of Dance Classes in San Antonio
Best New Dance Classes in San Antonio: DivaDance® San Antonio
DivaDance is one of the newer dance studios in town; I was actually on their waitlist! The cool thing about DivaDance is that, unlike classes like Zumba where you learn several songs at once, DivaDance focuses on choreo for one song per class. This means you get to do more fun, complex moves than you would in a different dance class.
DivaDance emphasizes femininity and sexy dance moves for adult women, so if that’s your thing, give ’em a try! They sell class passes so you don’t have to commit to a huge contract or anything.
P.S. They’re huge Beyonce fans. DivaDance even has special Beyonce dance classes, as well as Beyonce Brunch.
- Address: 1923 Lockhill Selma Rd, San Antonio, TX 78213
- Website: DivaDance San Antonio
Best Hip Hop Dance Classes: SMASH Dance Fitness
I used to go to SMASH several times a week. This is, hands down, one of the best dance studios for adults in San Antonio. But if you want lessons for your kids too, fear not! SMASH actually does both kid and adult dance classes.
I know from personal experience that their Zumba, Twerk & Tone, and Hip Hop Cardio classes will kick your butt, but in the best way possible. If you want something a little sexier, sign up for SMASH’s VSF Chair Dance classes!
- Address: 6883 Bandera Rd, San Antonio, TX 78238
- Website: SMASH Dance Fitness
Best Ballet Folklorico Dance Classes: Image Dance Company & Academy
San Antonio is proud of its Mexican heritage, and nothing screams “Mexico” more than ballet folklorico.
Image Dance Company specializes in ballet folklorico and flamenco dancing, which definitely makes it a more unique choice for dance lessons. They primarily offer dance classes for kids, but they also have adult classes for flamenco, ballroom, and more.
- Address: 4105 Avenida Prima St, San Antonio, TX 78217
- Website: Image Dance Company & Academy
Best Beginner-Friendly Dance Classes: The Jewel of Art Dance Studio
The Jewel does classes for both adults and kids. They have more advanced classes for kids in ballet, hip hop, and modern dance, but The Jewel also has plenty of beginner-friendly adult classes.
Sign up for hip hop, hip hop heels, or a Mommy and Me class to try something a little different—without feeling overwhelmed.
- Address: 1909 Fredericksburg Rd, San Antonio, TX 78201
- Website: The Jewel of Art Dance Studio
Best Adult Dance Classes: Dance Center of San Antonio
I used to do jazz, tap, and ballet dance as a kid. I was a little sad that adults couldn’t have that same experience. However, after a bit of Googling, I realized the Dance Center of San Antonio actually does offer adult classes!
If you want to hone your skills at ballet, contemporary, or tap, this is a good option that’s appropriate for adult dancers of all levels.
- Address: 126 W Rector Suite 120, San Antonio, TX 78216
- Website: Dance Center of San Antonio
Best Kids Dance Classes: Earle Cobb Dance Studio
Earle Cobb has been around for well over 30 years. While it isn’t the best place to find adult dance classes, they’re awesome for the kiddos! They’ve got a little bit of everything, including pre-school dance classes, jazz, tap, lyrical, hip hop, and even acrobatics. Earle Cobb also has the Dazzlers, which is their performance group. Auditions are required, as well as weekly dance classes at the studio.
P.S. They also do birthday parties! You can choose from themes like Princess, Musical Theatre, or Safari to entertain your kids with something that’s fun and active.
- Address: 4278 Lockhill Selma Rd, San Antonio, TX 78249
- Website: Earle Cobb Dance Studio
Best Musical Theatre Dance Classes: KE Dance Center
KE Dance Center is mostly for young dancers under the age of 14, but they also have some adult classes, like adult yoga. However, their biggest selling point is their musical theatre dance classes! If your kid is just as obsessed with Wicked as you are, KE Dance Center can teach them the basics in a fun, kid-friendly environment.
- Address: 1242 Austin Hwy, San Antonio, TX 78209
- Website: KE Dance Center
Best Couples Dance Classes: Arthur Murray Dance Center
Looking for couples dance classes? My husband and I took swing dance classes at Arthur Murray a few years back, and we loved it! This dance studio is all about ballroom, so they’re the people to go to when you want to learn ballroom, Latin, swing, or country.
Arthur Murray also does one-on-one private classes if you’re shy. They even have a special service that will help you prepare for a wedding, quinceanera, or any other big event with the help of a private dance instructor.
- Address: 2581 Jackson Keller Rd, San Antonio, TX 78230
- Website: Arthur Murray Dance Center
Best Ballroom Dance Classes: C & C Ballroom Dance
Well, “ballroom” is in its name. C & C has some of the best ballroom options in San Antonio. They offer classes for ballroom, country, Latin, swing, and even line dancing (break out your cowboy boots, y’all).
Best of all, C & C doesn’t do series classes, so if you missed last week’s class, don’t sweat it. You’ll learn new choreography every week, so you and your partner can keep things fresh.
Oh, and if you aren’t sold on this whole dancing thing, C & C does offer a free initial private lesson. It’s a perfect way to try dancing in a zero-judgment (and zero-dollar!) way.
- Address: 15669 San Pedro Ave, Hill Country Village, TX 78232
- Website: C&C Ballroom Dance
Best Latin Dance Classes: La Rumba Dance Studio
La Rumba specializes in all things Latin dance, but Zumba is its bread and butter. I used to be a Zumba fiend myself, and this studio in Stone Oak is a must if you’re on the far north side of the city. La Rumba also does salsa and bachata classes, so it’s perfect for a heart-pumping night on the town with your special someone.
Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn’t mention their kids’ classes! La Rumba does kids’ Zumba classes every Saturday morning. They also do Parents Night Out, where they entertain and feed your kiddos for 2 hours while you enjoy a little peace and quiet.
- Address: 19903 Stone Oak Pkwy #104, San Antonio, TX 78258
- Website: La Rumba Dance Studio