When is the best time to visit Corpus Christi?
Well, here’s the good news. There’s never really a bad time to visit. Because no matter when you go to Corpus Christi, you are always bound to find something fun to do!
But there are some important differences between the seasons.
As someone born and raised in the Sparkling City by the Sea, today I’m sharing everything you need to know about when to visit Corpus Christi.
- My Best Time to Visit Corpus Christi: Summertime
- Three Things to do in Corpus Christi During the Summer
- Visiting Corpus Christi in the Fall
- Things to do in Corpus Christi During Fall
- The Least Popular Time to Visit Corpus Christi: Winter
- Things to do in Corpus Christi During Wintertime
My Best Time to Visit Corpus Christi: Summertime
Summer is the best season to visit Corpus Christi because of the hot weather and endless activities available.
I’m a fan of the heat, which makes Summer the perfect time of year to visit the beach, enjoy fresh seafood, and take a dive into the warm, eighty-degree waters!
Personally, I recommend friends and family to visit the seaside town in August, which is actually the warmest month with the best waters for swimming. Expect average daily temperatures around 95 degrees in August, although the ocean breeze always provides some nice relief!
The Most Crowded Time to Visit Corpus Christi
While the Summer temperatures do make for delightful swimming, unfortunately that does mean that it can get crowded during certain months.
Between May and September, the beaches are the most crowded because of the hot weather.
Mid-June in Corpus Christi, when the windy weather averages a breezy ninety degrees, is the most active time of year.
Beaches also get crowded during mid-March when spring breakers flock towards the sunny shores to make memories seaside.
Three Things to do in Corpus Christi During the Summer
Corpus Christi is overflowing with summertime activities, like visiting the seasonal summer Art Walk or getting your tan on at the beach.
No matter what type of tourist you are, there is something for everyone!
1. Visit a Seasonal Attraction
Visiting seasonal attractions is a fantastic way to take advantage of your visit to Corpus Christi.
During summer, Corpus Christi has several yearly events that are certainly worth your time!
- Visit the Art Walk to explore downtown while supporting your local artists
- Visit Hurricane Alley Waterpark
- See a Corpus Christi Hooks home baseball game
2. See a Movie
Movies in Corpus Christi are far more enjoyable than your typical visit to the theater! That is because they are not just shown in theaters, they are shown at drive-ins, at the park, and even at Corpus Christi’s very own Hurricane Alley Waterpark!
Check out the following unique places to watch movies in Corpus Christi during summer:
- Go to a drive-in movie at Hurricane Alley Waterpark
- Go to a movie in the park at Cole Park Amphitheater
- Visit the AMC theater at La Palmera mall
- Attend one of the movie nights at Waterpark Garden
3. Visit the Beach
Of course, visiting the beach is a staple for all visitors of Corpus Christi! Whether you are trying to catch some killer waves at J.P. Luby or suntan on the shore, taking a visit to your nearest beach is a terrific way to enjoy the fantastic summer weather.
Remember to always wear sunscreen and bring plenty of water if you visit the beach!
- Go surfing or enjoy other water sports at J.P. Luby Beach
- Visit North Padre Sea Wall beach
- Explore popular Mustang Beach and check out what makes it one of Corpus Christi’s number one beaches!
- Collect shells at the downtown Corpus Christi beach, North Beach.
- Go camping on the beach!
For more information, check out our complete guide to the best beaches in Corpus Christi.
Visiting Corpus Christi in the Fall
Many visitors, especially those who aren’t as used to warm Texas weather, actually prefer Fall as the best time to visit Corpus Christi.
From September to November, the average daily temparature in Corpus Christi drops from about 90 degrees down to the mid-70s. While the water is still warm enough to swim, it definitely begins to cool off.
But the best part? As those temperatures drops, so do the crowds. Add in the start of the school year and many people returning to their yearly routines, and the beaches become much less congested!
Overall, Autumn is a more relaxing and peaceful time to visit Corpus Christi.
The Cheapest Time to Visit Corpus Christi
Plus, in the Fall, the rates of rooms tend to drop, making this one of the cheapest times to visit. Nothing better than saving a little money AND having the beach to yourself!
The Wettest Time to Visit Corpus Christi
One warning though – hurricane season lasts from June until November.
You can expect these months to be the wettest months in Corpus Christi, so don’t forget to pack your umbrella, rain boots, and maybe even get familiar with the hurricane evacuation lane!
Things to do in Corpus Christi During Fall
Fall still has plenty of seasonal events and local attractions, so you’ll have endless opportunities for all day entertainment!
Enjoy Fall Outdoor Entertainment in Corpus Christi
- Have a bonfire at Padre Island Sea Wall (and do not forget the s’mores!)
- Go fishing at one of the many beaches in Corpus Christi like North Beach, the Padre Island Sea Wall, J.P. Luby Beach, and much more!
Attend Fall Corpus Christi Events
- Go shopping downtown
- Attend or compete in Sand Fest
- Visit the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and Technology
The Least Popular Time to Visit Corpus Christi: Winter
Winter is not the best time to visit Corpus Christi because of the colder temperature.
Unless you just want to bundle up and have a bonfire, do not expect the typical sunny beach visits when you visit Corpus Christi during wintertime.
From November through early March, Corpus Christi’s temperatures fall, with temperatures getting as low as 40-50 degrees. (With lots of cold wind!) All in all, swimming isn’t really an option during winter months, unless you’re wearing a wetsuit!
Things to do in Corpus Christi During Wintertime
Chilly weather does not mean you cannot enjoy your time in Corpus Christi.
Despite the colder temperatures, there are still plenty of things to do in Corpus Christi during the winter!
Enjoy Corpus Christi Wildlife during Winter
Wildlife in Corpus Christi during winter is bustling. As the “Birdiest City in America”, checking out migration patterns of our many birds is a highly recommended experience for birders!
Suggested places to enjoy Corpus Christi winter wildlife:
- Go fishing at Bob Hall Pier
- Visit the South Texas Botanical Garden
- Check out bird migration
Attend a Seasonal Event
There are plenty of seasonal attractions occurring during wintertime which is why it can be fun to visit Corpus Christi during winter despite the harsh weather.
- See a student performance at Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
- Attend a winter fishing contest